CPOA’s Legal Services Program (LSP) is designed for the varied legal needs of individual law enforcement professionals like you at the supervisory, managerial and executive level. If you qualify, you will receive timely advice and legal representation from skilled attorneys with more than 40 years of experience in all aspects of police employment issues.
Pending Action Consultations
Administrative Actions – Unlimited coverage from initial investigation through post-disciplinary Superior Court mandamus proceeding at no expense to Participant
Civil Actions (Public Entity Denies Representation) – Representation to participant in any civil suit arising from the course and scope of employment where employer denies coverage
Civil Actions (Public Entity Provides Representation) – Attorney review and representation if employer representation is inadequate and participant is exposed to personal monetary risk.
Limited Criminal Defense – Representation in criminal investigations for acts or omissions within course and scope of employment up to the filing of a complaint or grand jury indictment.
Retirement Appeals – Legal services for appeal of any decision adverse to participant through conclusion of a superior court proceeding
- An experienced attorney who has a history of working with supervisors and law enforcement personnel.
- Pocketbook protection from the high cost of legal fees.
- A choice of premiums, deductibles and payment schedules to fit your particular needs.
- 24-hour legal hotline.
- $300 annual premium + $30 enrollment fee, $1,000 deductible per incident
- $500 annual premium + $30 enrollment fee, no deductible
Choose from annual, semi-annual or monthly-automatic billing.
*Upon applying, there will be a $30, one-time, non-refundable enrollment fee.
Legal Services Program Firm
The Law Firm of Mastagni Holstedt, APC, has the highest possible Martindale-Hubble legal proficiency and ethics rating, AV pre-eminent, and is listed in the Bar Registry of pre-eminent lawyers in America. The Mastagni firm is based in Sacramento and serves clients across California through its home and field offices. The firm has been representing public safety clients in all aspects of employment matters for more than 40 years. Mastagni Holstedt, APC is a full-service law firm that provides representation in discipline matters, disability retirement, workers’ compensation and all aspects of public safety employment issues.
Mastagni Holstedt, APC
1912 I Street, Sacramento CA 95811
Sacramento – (916) 446-4692 | Chico – (530) 895-3836
Stockton – (209) 948-61581 | San Jose – (408) 292-4802 | Ontario – (909) 476-3560
- Participation is not automatic or guaranteed. All applications will be reviewed by our Board of Trustees. Approval time may take up to 90 days.
- Legal services will be provided during this interim period should all eligibility requirements be met.
- Coverage will not be provided on all past/pending incidents, to include any action arising from an incident that occurred before coverage was granted.