Phase 2 – Theories & Practices
This module is your comprehensive journey through leadership education. This course is designed to raise participants level of organizational thought and team-building by focusing on theories and practices of organizational leaders from both private and public sectors who have made monumental changes within their organizations.
Your faculty and video segments from select instructors in the module illustrate several exemplary examples of organizational leadership success and introduce participants to methods and rationale behind these highly successful best practices. This course of instruction features segments from leadership giants John Maxwell, Tony Robbins, Howard Schultz, Jeff Canter, Sheriff Ray Nash, General Stanley Mc Chrystal and many more. The curriculum includes summaries of three best-selling books in leadership.
Practices from experts in the field of leadership are infused within the module
curriculum to enhance their relevance to law enforcement practices and organizational procedures. This combination gives rise to modules on Generations, Human Capital Management, Emotional Intelligence, Conflict Management, Proactive Communication, Cultural Sensitivity, Action-Centered Leadership, Legacy Leadership and Reflective Leadership.
- Contact Hours — 60 Hrs.
- Learning Management System — Customized on-line Academy
- Access — 24/7 Secured
- Follow-up Seminars — Optional
- Content — 15 Modules
- Required Readings — 3 Books
- Online Assessment — 1 Included
- Examinations — 14 Exams, Graded
After the successful completion of this course the participants should:
- Understand the various motivators that influence employees from different Generations.
- Be able to discuss the importance of Self-awareness as it relate to leadership and influence.
- Be able to describe the four (4) Conflict Management Maxims.
- Be able to define Stereotyping, Biases, Prejudice and Discrimination.
- Describe the Components of Legacy Leadership.
Individual Non-Member Rates
Department Member Group Rates
Departments must register at least 25% of department sworn personnel to receive group rates. Please contact CPOA at (916) 263-0541 for more details on tuition.