This module addresses the balance of humanistic and tactical approaches to law enforcement and corrections leadership.
It focuses on understanding the human factors of police leadership and how if used effectively, it can change the internal culture and external perception of an organization. The module is steeped in emotional intelligence and self-realism, containing modules featuring Advanced Emotional Intelligence, Human Factors in Policing, Adaptive Leadership, Authentic Leadership, Servant Leadership, Credible Leadership, Toxic Leadership, Community Leadership, Tactical Leadership and the Moral Compasshutterstock_260343365s for Law Enforcement Professionals. Each of these modules are designed to make students take an introspective look at how they apply leadership practices both internally and externally.
As with other modules, it contains segments from experts in the field of organizational leadership that reinforces the curriculum and prepare students for the practical applications.
- Contact Hours — 60 Hrs.
- Learning Management System — Customized on-line Academy
- Access — 24/7 Secured
- Follow-up Seminars — Optional
- Content — 13 Modules
- Required Readings — 2 Books
- Online Assessment — 1 Included
- Examinations — 12 Exams, Graded
After the successful completion of this course you should:
- Be able to identify the 5 Marks of Authentic Leadership.
- Be able to identify the 3 Human Factors with the greatest influence on improving safety.
- Know how to create a strategy to increase your Leadership Credibility.
- Be able to identify symptoms of Toxic Leadership.
- Be able to define Cynicism and its effect on Law Enforcement.
Individual Non-Member Rates
Department Member Group Rates
Departments must register at least 25% of department sworn personnel to receive group rates. Please contact CPOA at (916) 263-0541 for more details on tuition.