This module provides an opportunity to understand and perform the complex knowledge, skills and tasks that exemplary leaders perform.
The content was researched and field tested for over a period of more than 30 years in university and justice and public safety environments including police, corrections, customs, immigration, homeland security and private security. It is based on the breakthrough Law Enforcement transformation textbook. The course was filmed at LAPD and piloted in collaboration with Deputy Chief Mark Perez and his Team of Leaders at the Los Angeles Police Department. This highly competent team was carefully selected to be able demonstrate the skills involved of Credible Leadership throughout the course.
The breakthrough of this course is that officers are now able take self-responsibility for mastering the 60 Skills that enable them to perform the 40 Tasks and Responsibilities that research has revealed are critical for leadership success in justice and public safety. Never before has professional leadership been so well-defined and distilled so that it is easily and quickly learned. The course is a research-based, online, performance enhancement learning process that equips leaders to express more empathic caring, be more ethically conscious, and more capable of developing themselves, other leaders, teams and organizations.
- Contact Hours — 60 Hrs.
- Learning Management System — Customized on-line Academy
- Access — 24/7 Secured
- Follow-up Seminars — Optional
- Content — 5 Clusters
- Required Readings — 3 Books
- Online Assessment — 2 Included
- Examinations — 5 Exams, GradedGraduates of this phase become:
- More effective self-managers.
- More creative and innovative problem-solvers, facilitators, and decision-makers.
- More effective change agents for team building and organization development
- More competent supervisors, coaches and mentors.
- Faster at transferring learning to the job.
- More effective at managing ambiguity without over-reacting.
Individual Non-Member Rates
Department Member Group Rates
Departments must register at least 25% of department sworn personnel to receive group rates. Please contact CPOA at (916) 263-0541 for more details on tuition.