California Peace Officers’ Association
Class Hosting & Registrar Guidelines
Requirements for host agency:
- The host agency must guarantee a minimum of 25 students to attend the class. The 25 students do not have to be from the host agency.
- The host must provide a registrar. (Registrar responsibilities below).
- The host agency will be responsible to help market the class. To assist you in marketing the course to your agency, contacts, and the surrounding agencies, CPOA will provide you with a course flyer.
Requirements for host site:
- The host site must provide a classroom or training space that can accommodate a minimum of 30 students comfortably. Different classes may require a higher capacity.
- Most courses require the room to be set in a classroom format, or depending on the course, a specific configuration.
- The site must be able to provide all audio-visual equipment needed for the course.
**The requirements for table setup and audio visual for the class you are hosting will be communicated to you prior to scheduling and again in the confirmation email.
Benefit for the host agency:
- For every 25 students registered, CPOA will give one (1) complimentary seat to an employee of the host agency to attend the course. We call this the 1 to 25 rule.
- Registrar Guidelines
- Before the class –
The course materials (registration binder, books, and handouts) will be shipped to you prior to the course.
The day of the class –
- The registrar should arrive one (1) hour prior to the class starting.
- Be prepared to have students arrive early, and have the registration materials ready.
- Books/Handouts need to be accessible to the students upon arrival.
- Course evaluations will need to be given to the instructor prior to class starting.
- The registrar does not need to stay for the entire class, but should be available during class hours.
Registration check-in responsibilities –
- Oversee student check in and make sure they verify the roster information.
- Register walk-on students that may not be included on the roster.
- Accept Training Reimbursement Request forms (TRRs).
- Accept payments.
End of class –
- Scan & email a copy of all rosters to the Training Coordinator within one (1) day after the completion of the class.
- Ship all paperwork and materials back to the CPOA office no later than 7 days after the completion of the class.\
Thank you for your interest in hosting a CPOA course!