CPOA Sponsored MAGNUS Leadership Workshop
A Tactical Application of Reversal Theory for Enhanced Officer Wellness and Resiliency
Participants will receive 16 hours of Continuing Professional Training (CPT) credit per POST regulation 1060 upon successful completion.
Two workshop locations available:
Walnut Creek Police Department
Chino Police Department
Crisis happens. Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity – VUCA (coined at the Army War College in the early 1990’s) is a sobering reality for police officers nationwide. In simple terms, VUCA is chaos. It falls on law enforcement professionals to understand it, prepare for it, and minimize the disruptive and destabilizing effects of it on self, agency and the communities they serve. This workshop introduces “MAGNUS” as a General Leadership as a practical and tactical counter VUCA for enhanced officer performance, effectiveness, wellness and resiliency. MAGNUS Leadership expands the scientific application of the Theory of Things and Expectancy and Reversal Theories of Leadership activating positive brain and deep emotional intelligence. It outlines MAGNUS Leadership virtues and imperatives to ignite and/or accelerate transformational leadership mindfulness and practices to enhance officers delivering RESULTS with CONFIDENCE. The workshop utilizes motivational presentations with personal experiences leading to dynamic group discussions with simulations for enhanced learning.
Upon completing the course, each participant will:
- Have a scientific and practical understanding of VUCA while learning the short-term and long-term effects on each Law Enforcement Officer’s Personal and Professional life.
- Understand Theory of Things, Reversal Theory and Cognitive Science as a practical framework to counter VUCA.
- Develop comprehensive personality, emotional intelligence and behavioral learning tools to enhance leadership capacity.
- Identify “Ten Imperatives” that MAGNUS Leaders must exhibit in order to effectively supervise with integrity, credibility, humility and mentor-ship which creates an environment that supports both personnel and the organizational mission.
- Increase personal wellness and resiliency.
Participants will receive the following:
- Two (2) textbooks
- Two (2) Self-Assessments
- Study guide in workbook format during class.
- National Certificate of Completion from the National Command & Staff College
- MAGNUS Leader Challenge Coin and a Nationally Certified Certificate from the National Command & Staff College